I have been to NYC several times before, but it has always been to Manhattan. I decided to join some friends for a hike to Queens, NYC just to have another perspective of NY and not just NYC. We left DC by bus at about 2.00 am and arrived four hours later in time for breakfast.
- Guy being loving to his girl – mural on passage to Queens subway. There are many more interesting murals on in the passage.
2. Our first stop after getting off the metro, was Maple Grove Cemetery where we looked at various interesting tombstones.
3. There it is – Queens Museum
4. A sailing club somewhere in the park that we walked through.
We walked on to Flushing in Queens after the park. At one point I had to pinch myself and ask the hike leader if we were still in NY or we had walked to Asia. There were a lot of Asians! To honor the area, we had lunch in a Korean restaurant, which everybody enjoyed, except me. I wanted something more filling as the Korean dishes were most broths with your choice of veggies and meat.
5. We walked and rested a bit in Central Park.
6. I had told Trump that I would be in his neighborhood, but he was not home!
7. Titan Prometheus at Rockefeller Centre
8. Van Gogh’s Ear at Rockefeller Centre
9. Time Square
10. The Garment Worker in the Garment District
It was nice to see another part of New York and not the same old places I have seen before.